weight loss tracker

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Post-op follow up

Had my follow up appointment yesterday.

Lost about 5 pounds, bringing me to 219. Yay!

I have to say, the wait time in that office is getting ridiculous. I waited over an hour at my pre-op appointment on the 10th, and my post-op was only slightly better, waiting 45 minutes for a 10 minute visit. I think they're just overbooking too many people for each time slot. Either way, I had to haul ass out of there to get my Bean to her ortho appointment -- 5 minutes late. I was so wrapped up in being in a hurry by that point that the questions I had about the coughing I've had for the last couple of days, and about other ways to deal with the shoulder pain -- well, those questions flew right out of my head. grrr.

My incision is healing well, and Dr. Ganta gave me the go ahead to skip to the pureed foods stage for the next 4 weeks. Essentially I can eat anything I don't have to chew. I don't have a huge appetite yet, but I did try some zucchini marscapone soup and some WW vanilla yogurt yesterday, and I added Soy Slender to one of my protein shakes. Nice change!

I think I'll probably stick with at least 1-2 protein shakes per day for a while to make sure I get in all my protein. Had cottage cheese for breakfast today. I think one of the hardest habits for me to break is going to be the drinking during and after meals thing. I am SO accustomed to having water with my meals.

I scheduled my next appointment for July 21, at which point I will have my first adjustment (fill). I'm not sure whether to look forward to it or not!

I'm still in debate whether I want to buy a new scale any time soon. Mine broke a couple of weeks before surgery, and I don't know whether or not I want to replace it yet. On one hand, it might be good to make sure I'm staying on track; on the other hand, it's kind of fun waiting a long time between weigh-ins and getting a big result at the end of the wait. hrmmmm....

Going to back-post later today with my surgery story, just so I get it in here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment