weight loss tracker

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Healing and stuff.

I'm not at all sure how fast my incision is supposed to be healing, but it doesn't seem to be doing much. It's still kind of puffy, and pink, and usually bleeds just a tiny bit when I clean it. My surgeon said to clean it and all inside my navel with alcohol 3-4 times per day.

It's not producing pus, and it's not pink around the incision itself. But it sure hurts like crazy every time I clean it, and it doesn't seem to be looking any better from day to day. It's so difficult to keep it clean and dry, because, like I said, it's between my belly rolls -- and Texas is HOT.

I'll just keep working on it and see how it goes, I guess.

I took the last dose of the Zithromax for my cough yesterday. Still have the cough, though, and it's still productive. Mostly it's only at night and in the mornings, not during the day. So maybe it's just post-nasal drip. I'll keep an eye on that too, of course.

Tried scrambled egg whites for breakfast this morning, plus 1/2 cup of WW vanilla yogurt. Pretty satisfying. I haven't had any trouble with anything I've eaten or had to drink so far. No regurgitation and no "stuck" feelings. Hopefully this will continue to be the case, as it seems pretty common that people have at least one episode within the first couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment