weight loss tracker

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Body, forgive me, for I have sinned...

... it has been 4 months since my last confession.

And boy howdy, I definitely didn't treat myself right this summer at all.

I lost my momentum back in May, but hadn't blogged since April, so I should have known it was coming. Around the third week in May, I twisted the heck outta my ankle/foot and even though it recovered by mid-June, I didn't set foot inside the gym again until yesterday.

As I've watched the scale creep ever closer back towards 200, I kept telling myself I needed to get back on track. But never quite managed to do so. Lots of summer treats and no exercise made gaining inevitable.

I made the discovery that my band gets really freakin' tight when I'm stressed out, and when I'm stressed I'm not likely to want to put up with being stuck all the time --- so can we say sliiiiiiiiiiider foods?? *sigh*

I learned exactly how to eat "around" my band, and I got very, very good at it. Gained 16 pounds, though it could be worse. At least the band kept me from binging as badly as I used to do before I got it. I can still binge, but it takes me a while, and my lower stomach does have time to register feeling full before I can consume as much as I could pre-band.

Anyways, it seems that I'm finally coming out of the emotional/mental downward spiral in which I spent the summer. This is good for a variety of reasons, but the one that applies here is that it means I'm more likely to stick with the rules and enforce structure in my life in general. When I'm in this mode, I can focus (good for the upcoming school semester), I have energy for working out, getting our new digs unpacked and set up, and for meal prep -- my kids have suffered this summer from my ennui too.

I'll be back-reading a little bit on your blogs too, though I doubt I'll make it through 4 months of posts. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment