weight loss tracker

Friday, April 8, 2011

Daily intake and psuedo-pouch-test-sprint

So, I had to go out and watch the Dr. Oz segment after hearing about it all over the place. So not representative of most bandsters, but I know there are a few who are so tight that this is close to how they eat.

I'm slogging along with week 2 of my 6 day "not quite the pouch test" sprint. Monday/Tuesday have been the hardest, both weeks, for obvious reasons. Liquids are so NOT satisfying, especially when you're at a low fill point. But the promise of solids has gotten me through, and then the promise of my "off" day is getting me through the rest of the week.

I am averageing about 1000 calories per day, sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less. I try to get in at least 100g of protein, and minimize my net carbs.

This week, I did add more veggies starting Wed/Thurs, mostly because we do local farm delivery every two weeks and all four of us have to eat on it or it goes bad. My spouse won't eat cooked leafy greens, and this time of year that's a huge portion of the delivery. So yeah.... kale and chard got added to my intake this week.

I can SEE this working, which is so weird. I looked in the mirror today and saw a slightly older version of my 22-year-old self looking back at me. I haven't been this weight since my spouse and I were dating, back almost 15 years ago. I'm still above my lowest weight ever as an adult, but not far from it.

Anyways.... what I eat in a typical day (or Fri/Sat of this sprint) when I'm staying on-track and losing:

Breakfast
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- .5 oz shredded fat-free cheddar, or 1/2 turkey sausage, or 1 oz meat
- 1 to 2 tbls salsa
(all in an omelette or scramble)

OR, if I'm feeling very tight
- 1 scoop Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Vanilla Ice Cream protein powder
- 1 cup Soy Slender Vanilla soy milk

Snack
- 4 to 6 oz plain greek yogurt, maybe with a tiny bit of flavor added or splenda/flavor extract
OR
- 20 almonds
OR
- light string cheese
OR
- Atkins bar or protein shake
OR
- .5 cup of lowfat cottage cheese
OR
- .5 cup of fruit (sometimes I just gotta!)

Lunch
- 3 to 4 oz meat or fish
- a little bit of some sort of veggie
- low-carb dressing or marinade, or more salsa, or some sort of healthy sauce (to make the meat less likely to get stuck),

Snack
- another selection from the above list, usually

Dinner
- very similar to lunch. Lunch is usually made with leftover dinner, so that makes sense. ;)


Sometimes I will have dessert
- sugar-free pudding made with greek yogurt, skim milk, and protein powder (if I'm hungrier)
OR
- sugar free popsicle

This breakdown results in an average 1.5 pound per week loss for me. My maintenance levels are not quite double this amount -- about 1800 calories and more balanced, including some whole grains. My final maintenance levels will probably be a little less than that, maybe 1500-1600 calories.

I can't wait to see how this week has treated me -- Sunday morning weigh-in, here I come!

I'm also looking forward to the Challenge results from last week being posted. I think there are several of us who kicked it into gear big time last week! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment